* Someone gave me this recipe as a printout. I am not sure where the original recipe came from. If you know, please let me know.
First you need to make flour out of oatmeal. Just put it in a blender and pulse a few times.
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
1/4 cup cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 1/4 cups oat flour (see above)
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt, optional and to taste
2 1/4 cup chocolate chips or chunks
- Combine butter, cream cheese, sugars, egg, vanilla. Beat on medium-high speed until well-creamed, light and fluffy. This will take about 5 minutes in a stand mixer or 7 with a hand mixer.
- Stop, scrape down the sides of the bowl, and add the flour, cornstarch, baking soda, optional slat, and mix until combined, about 1 minute.
- Preheat over to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place tablespoons of dough on cookie sheet, slightly flattening the tops, two inches apart. (I use a silicon baking liner, as the cookies are very fragile, and it helps them come off nicer.)
- Bake 8-9 minutes. (personal note- 8 bottom oven, 12 top oven).
I let the cookies sit a couple of minutes as they come out of the oven to help them solidify, so they don’t crack as easily.